- Just the Facts
Our crash wrap protects wrecked, vandalized, or damaged vehicles during transport or storage. You can tow, haul, or store the car with the assurance that sprung doors, cracked windshields, and loose parts remain in place. The vehicle interior is protected from rain, wind, snow, and dust, while the blue tint provides privacy and additional UV protection.
This multi-layer LDPE film has a solid self-adhering adhesive on one side that does not leave a residue when removed.
We offer 3 sizes: 24"x100', 36"x100', or 36"x200' Rolls.
- 2.5-mil Thick Blue Plastic Protective Film
- 36-inch Width Covers Most Damages in One Pass
- Choice of 100 or 200-foot Lengths
- Strong Self-Adhesive Strength
- UV Protection
- Flexible, Puncture and Tear Resistant
- Remove Without a Sticky Residue
- Not Perforated - Cut to Size with Utility Knife
- Rated for 90-Day Use with U.V. Protection
- Easily Applied by One Person
- High-tack self-adhesive protective collision wrap film for auto body shops, collision centers, junk or salvage yards, towing companies, and storage centers.
- High-quality multilayer film (co-extruded) provides maximum strength, durability, and puncture resistance (many competing brands offer only one layer)
- Blue tint prevents outsiders from seeing the vehicle interior while offering UV sunlight protection.
- Environmentally friendly and superior water-based ("cross-linked") acrylic adhesive anchors into the film, ensuring strong adhesion to a vehicle yet easy removal without leaving a sticky residue.
- It only takes one person to apply it to a vehicle.
- The high-tack self-adhering adhesive on one side securely holds the film wrap to the car's surface.
- For best results, the surface should be clean and dry before application. (After application, the crash wrap prevents moisture penetration.)
- The roll is not perforated for a tight, secure fit. Quickly cut it to size with a utility knife.
- Pull out a 2-4 inch crash wrap section from the roll and apply it to the beginning of the damage. Use hand pressure to seal it against the surface securely.
- Using both hands (one on each end of the 36" roll), unwind the collision wrap over the rest of the damaged area.
- Lastly, use a sharp exacto or utility knife to cut the collision wrap just past the damaged area. Use hand pressure to securely seal it around all the edges.
Note: If you need to cover more than the 36-inch width, start at the bottom section of the damaged area and apply the wrap to the surface as directed above. Then, start a new row at the beginning of the first one, overlapping by a few inches.
- We use water-based cross-linked acrylic adhesive for a secure hold that is easy to remove.
- Pull one end, and it will come off with little effort.
- It does not leave a glue residue behind.
- Brand: Detail Direct
Plastic Film Construction: LDPE, coextruded (COEX) self-adhering film constructed from multiple layers laminated together for maximum strength, durability, and puncture-resistance
- Plastic Film Thickness: 2.5-mil
- Color: Blue Tint
- Roll Width: 24 or 36 Inches
- Roll Length: 100-foot or 200-foot Roll
- Adhesive: High-Tack Water-Based Acrylic
- Special Features: Provides a water-tight, UV-resistant Plastic Barrier
- Application: Self-adhering plastic film for auto body shops or garages and auto storage areas to protect various contours of wrecked or damaged vehicles.