The Detail Direct Grit and Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert is an ingenious tool that keeps your wash mitt clean and guards against it becoming an abrasive swirl and scratch-causing tool.
Our innovative insert acts like a washboard, separating dirt and gritty particles from your wash mitt, sponge, or brush. It sits at the base of a standard car wash bucket, capturing dirt and debris while guarding against re-contamination of your rinse water or car wash solution. The four-quadrant design also prevents water from swirling around the bottom, preventing the grit and dirt from floating upward.
Just the Facts
The Detail Direct Grit and Dirt Trap Insert for Car Wash Buckets is a specialty tool that guards against swirls and scratches on car finishes.
- The 10.24-inch circular insert fits into the bottom of standard 3.5 to 6-gallon car wash buckets that have a minimum 10.5-inch bottom diameter.
- The radial grid design acts like a filter to segregate the dirt and debris on your wash mitt, sponge, or soft car wash brush from your wash or rinse water.
- A four-quadrant base prevents water from swirling around the bottom of the bucket keeping the dirt and debris from re-circulating into your soapy wash bucket or rinse water bucket.
- Rub your wash mitt against the insert, and it works similarly to a washboard separating the grit and other debris from your wash mitt, pad, sponge, towel, or brush.
- Easy to insert and remove with 5-finger holes.
For the best results, use the 2-bucket method for washing any vehicle. The idea behind the two-bucket wash method combined with our Grip and Dirt Trap is to isolate the dirt you have washed from the car's surface and prevent the contaminants from re-circulating into your clean or soapy water.
Following these steps, you can wash your car using the 2-bucket method and protect your paint from scratches and swirls.
- Gather your supplies: 2 buckets (one for soapy water, one for rinsing), a Detail Direct Grit and Dirt Trap for each bucket, a wash mitt or sponge, and car wash soap.
- Fill the buckets: fill the rinse bucket with clean water and add your favorite car wash soap to the soapy bucket.
- Start at the top: wash your car from the top down, one panel at a time.
- Use the Grit and Dirt Trap for Car Wash Buckets: Dunk your mitt in the rinse water after each panel, then dunk it back into your soapy wash bucket to load it up with suds again. Also, rub your mitt or sponge against the Grit and Dirt Traps to remove as much dirt from the mitt or sponge as possible.
- Rinse the car thoroughly: rinse it completely with clean water after washing it.
- Dry the car immediately: dry the vehicle with a microfiber towel, water blade squeegee, or chamois to prevent water spots.
- Brand: Detail Direct
- Color: Available in 4 Colors
- 50103 Black
- 50104 Red
- 50105 Blue
- 50106 Yellow
- Design: Radial Grid with a 4-Quadrant Base
- Material: High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Plastic, Chemical Resistant, Long-Lasting
- Diameter: 10.24 in. (26 cm)
- Height: 2.4 in. (6.1 cm)
- Weight: 6 ounces
- Necessary Car Wash Bucket Size: Standard 3.5, 4, 5, and 6-gallon buckets with a minimum 10.5-inch diameter base.
- Application: Insert a Grit and Dirt Trap into your car wash bucket to isolate the dirt and grit particles collected on your wash mitt as you wash your car. This process guards against swirls and scratches from a contaminated wash mitt, sponge, or car wash brush.